Vacancy at Attleborough Town Council
37.5 Hours per week (plus evening and occasional weekend meetings)
£35K to £40K per annum
The Town Council is seeking an enthusiastic and self-motivated person with an interest in the local community to fill the role of Town Clerk.
Local Government experience and holding the Certificate in Local Council Administration (CiLCA) is desirable but not essential, as regular support, appraisals and training will be offered.
The Town Clerk is responsible for the day-to-day business of the Council.
Main duties include:
· Arranging, publicising, and attending Council meetings (including evenings and occasional weekends).
· Preparing agendas, meeting documentation, and ensuring minutes are correctly recorded.
· Acting as the Responsible Financial Officer, managing the Council's finances including preparing the budget, overseeing payment of invoices, reclaiming VAT and end of year accounts.
· Supervising staff, including conducting appraisals and assisting with training.
· Maintaining Council files and records.
· Managing Council assets, including maintenance and insurance.
· Dealing with correspondence, including liaison with other Councils, local organisations and the public.
· Monitoring and updating the Council on relevant planning applications and responding where required.
· Ensuring current legislation and procedures are adhered to by informing and advising the Council and updating Council policies and processes.
· Managing the Council’s website and social media.
· Overseeing the management of the Parish cemetery and related services.
The position calls for an individual with the ability to think strategically and assist the development of the Council in a dynamic and evolving environment. Candidates should be able to lead a small team to help deliver the Council’s ambitious agenda and are required to be good communicators with excellent IT and interpersonal, who are able to develop good working relationships both with elected members of the Council and residents.
Application closing date: 23rd April 2021