Vacancy at Bircham Parish Council
Bircham Parish Council is looking for a self-motivated and conscientious person for the role of Parish Clerk/ Responsible Financial Officer to support 11 Councillors.
The position is approximately five hours per week and the salary will be in accordance with national agreements. The Clerk will be expected to work from home, but will be provided with a Council laptop.
The ideal candidate will be able to administer formal meetings, take minutes, be computer literate, have access to the internet, have a reasonable knowledge of accountancy, have good standard of literacy as well diplomatic and approachable.
CILCA qualification would be preferable but a willingness to attend training would be considered. The applicant should reside within a reasonable distance to Bircham and have use of own car with full clean driving licence.
Main Areas of Responsibility:-
· Attend up to 10/11 meetings per year at the present time meetings are on Zoom, dealing with the agendas and minutes.
· Attend additional meetings where required.
· Ensure that proper procedures are followed and advise on matters of legislation.
· Manage the Parish Council’s finances as Responsible Finance Officer.
· Liaise with contractors undertaking work for the Parish Council.
Further details are available from the current Clerk Philippa Sewell on Birchamclerk@hotmail.co.uk.
Applications should comprise a CV with a covering letter and should be emailed to the above email address. The closing date is Wednesday 27 January with interviews planned for the first week in February on Zoom.