Vacancy at Bridgham Parish Council
Bridgham Parish Council is looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated person to fill the role of Clerk to the Council and Responsible Financial Officer.
Bridgham is a small rural parish situated between Thetford and Attleborough with approximately 140 households.
The vacancy is for 4 hours per week. The position is home-based with attendance at all Parish Council meetings which are usually held in Bridgham & Roudham Village Hall on the last Monday of the month.
No formal qualifications are required although applications from CiLCA qualified clerks would be welcome. Other than that a good standard of computer literacy and general administrative experience would be required. Training will be available. Salary negotiable within agreed national pay scales.
The main duties will include:
· Arrange, publicise and attend monthly Parish Council meetings, plus the Annual Parish Meeting which is currently held in April
· Preparation and publication of agendas and taking minutes of the meetings, also to be published within statutory timeframes
· Administrative tasks including maintaining paper and electronic files and the Parish Council website, review of all parish policies and procedures, dealing with correspondence and enquiries
· Manage and report the Parish Council’s finances and prepare the accounts for annual audit
· Advise and support five Councillors
· Liaise with District and County Councillors, other organisations and official bodies as needed
· Other duties as determined by the Parish Council.
For further information please contact the Parish Council Chairman Alan Yorke on 07432 310811.
The job description is available at email@example.com
To apply, send your CV and covering letter of application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23rd July 2021.