Vacancy at Merton Parish Council
Merton Parish Council are looking for an experienced person to support our Parish Council and its five councillors. This is a varied and interesting job with a flexible working regime. The post will be based at your home for 4 hours per week.
SCP 7 at £10.44 per hour will apply depending on experience and qualifications.
Key duties include:
· Advise and support Parish Councillors.
· Arrange, publicise and attend Parish Council meetings of which there are 4 per annum.
· Prepare Agendas and Minutes of meetings.
· Liaise with Borough and County Councillors, other organisations and official bodies as appropriate.
· Manage the Parish Council's finances and prepare the accounts for annual audit.
· Dealing with Parish Council business including correspondence and phone inquiries
· Review annually all Parish Council policies including Standing Orders and Financial Regulations.
· Manage and develop the Parish Council website.
· Maintain both paper and electronic Parish Council files.
· Other duties as determined by the Parish Council.
Applicants should be self-motivated, able to work independently, manage their own workload effectively, and have good organisational and communications skills. The applicant should either have a Certificate in Local Council Administration (CiLCA) or be advanced in the process of qualifying for CiLCA, with previous relevant experience. A good working knowledge of email, MS WORD and EXCEL is also essential.
For an Application Pack and/or an informal discussion, please contact Jayne Wesley-Smith:
email: email@example.com; telephone: 01953 881919 or 07850 377678. Closing date 12 March 2021.