Vacancy at Narborough Parish Council
NARBOROUGH Parish Council is looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated person for the role of Parish Clerk and Responsible Financial Office to start as soon as possible.
The vacancy is for approximately 360 hours per annum (an average seven hours per week). The position is home based with attendance at all Parish Council Meetings which are usually held in Narborough Church Centre on the First Monday of every month. Due to Covid-19 restrictions these are held via Microsoft teams meeting software which has been licensed on the Council laptop which will be provided.
Candidates must have access to the internet and be able to prepare documents, spreadsheets and maintain the council website.
The overall responsibilities will be to be both the Proper Officer of the Council and the Responsible Financial Officer.
Support and training will be offered, as necessary. Experience in a similar role together with good local knowledge would be advantageous.
Conditions of Employment and Remuneration will be based on models drawn up by the National Association of Local Councils & the Society of Local Council Clerks.
1. To ensure that statutory and other provisions governing or affecting the running of the council are observed.
2. To conduct online banking, monitor and balance the Council’s accounts. and prepare records for audit purposes.
3. To ensure that the council’s obligations for Risk Assessment are properly met.
4. To prepare in consultation with appropriate members, agendas for meetings of the Council and Committees and Working Groups. To attend such meetings and prepare minutes for approval.
5. To attend all meetings of the Council and all meetings of its committees, sub-committees and working groups.
6. To receive correspondence and documents on behalf of the Council and to deal with the correspondence or documents or bring such items to the attention of the Council. To issue correspondence as a result of instructions of, or the known policy of the Council.
7. To receive and report on invoices for goods and services to be paid by the Council and to ensure such accounts are met. To issue invoices on behalf of the Council for goods and services and to ensure payment is received.
8. To draw up both on his/her own initiative and as a result of suggestions by Councillors proposals for consideration by the Council and to advise on practicability and likely effects of specific courses of action.
9. To monitor the implemented policies of the Council to ensure they are achieving the desired result and where appropriate suggest modifications.
10. To act as the representative of the Council as required.
11. To issue notices and prepare agendas and minutes for the Parish Meeting: to attend the assemblies of the Parish Meeting and to implement the decisions made at the assemblies that are agreed by the Council.
12. To prepare, in consultation with the Chairman, press releases about the activities of, or decisions of, the Council.
13. To attend training courses or seminars on the work and role of the Clerk as required by the Council.
14. To work towards the achievement of Qualified Clerk as a minimum requirement for effectiveness in the position of Clerk to the Council.
15. To continue to acquire the necessary professional knowledge for the efficient management of the affairs of the Council: Suggested is membership of SLCC.
16. To attend conferences held by SLCC and NCAPTC, and other relevant bodies, as a representative of the Council as required.
For further information or an informal chat contact the Narborough Parish Council Chairman Dave Williams on Tel: 01760 337187 or via the email link below.
To apply send a CV with covering letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date of 19th February 2021.
Interviews via Zoom expected to take place week commencing the 22nd of February 2021.