Vacancy at Tacolneston Parish Council
Tacolneston Parish Council is looking to appoint a self-motivated and enthusiastic person to fill the role of Clerk and Responsible Financial Officer to the Council.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
· Arrange, publicise and attend monthly Parish Council meetings including preparation of agendas and taking minutes of the meetings
· Attend to administrative tasks including maintaining paper and electronic files and the Parish Council website, annual review of all parish policies, dealing with correspondence and enquiries, and overseeing the maintenance of parish council assets
· Manage and report the Parish Council's finances and prepare the accounts for annual audit
· Advise and support seven Councillors
· Liaise with District and County Councillors (and other organisations as needed)
· Manage the accounts and provide administration support to Tacolneston and Forncett Recreation Association (TAFRA) in the Parish Council's role as Sole Trustee.
Excellent communication and computer skills are required. Local Government experience preferable but not essential as full training will be available. The post is for 25 hours a month and is based from home, though commitment to attend 1 meeting on the second Wednesday of the month is required. Due to the Covid restrictions these are held via Zoom though as soon as possible the meetings will be held in the Recreation Centre in Tacolneston. Further hours may be required at the Council's request.
The salary will be paid in accordance with experience and in line with the National Joint Council Salary Scale rates plus home working allowance and mileage.
Please send CV and covering letter to the Acting Clerk via email email@example.com. Closing date 26th March 2021. Please email for a full job description.